When you look at Sam Norman today you would never guess that she has endured over 30 years of chronic health crisis.
Since the first year of her life she has been in constant companionship of doctors. At age 1, she was diagnosed with severe digestive challenges. Hashimoto’s disease was diagnosed at age 13, a vascular autoimmune diagnosis came at age 27, thyroid cancer at 31. She has had seven surgeries throughout her life including a brain surgery at age 9. She was convinced several times that she was going to die.
Her case was so interesting, the doctors asked her to be a “case study”. She agreed but started feeling like a number.
Growing up in a loving family of medical practitioners, with her parents being an MD and a nurse, her treatment plan included all but Western medical protocols until the age of 21. Western medicine saved her life yet she was far from being healed.
When she got the cancer diagnosis at age 31 she hit rock bottom. And the only place to go when you sink that low is to rise up. Cancer led her to seek out other avenues for support, other healing methods, a different viewpoint. What she yearned for was to been seen, to be asked “How is Sam?”
Tune in to hear Sam’s heartwarming, and incredible story of healing.
What you get from listening in:
- How Yoga and Ayurveda shifted her outlook on health and healing
- The happy marriage of Western Medicine and Eastern medicine
- The importance of knowing different healing modalities so you can make wise choices for your body
- The power of attitude and shifting your focus from “this is as good as it will get” to “What is right for me today?”
- The origin of disease
- The danger of positivity. Yes, that’s right!! the danger of positivity
- The use of breath, mantra and affirmations not only as a lifeline and anchor of hope, but as a deep healing tool
- The practice of Ho’oponopono and how it changed Sam’s life
One of my client’s once said, and it applies here:
Western medicine saved my life.
Ayurveda and Yoga gave me my life back.
Memes, quotes and sayings:
- Western medicine = treat symptoms, fix problems = good for critical care
- Eastern medicine = seeing the whole person = provides deep healing
- Disease shows up in the subtle layers first
- The message repeats itself until it is dealt with or learnt
Sam was effected with asthma, allergies, and weak digestion from a very early age. This lead to exposure to frequent antibiotics and steroids. By age 13 she had developed auto immune dysfunction in the form of Hashimoto’s thyroid disease. By 27 a vascular auto immune disease manifested. By 31 cancer.
Sam was raised by two western healers (an MD and a nurse) and had herself been trained as a western RN. When the cancer diagnosis arrived she decided to look into alternative modes of healing.
She trained as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor and is now seven years cancer free and five years of total remission of her vascular symptoms. As an Ayurvedic Health counselor and Yoga Health coach she guides groups of people on the own healing journeys with the intention of helping everyone know that the have the power to become their own healer.