This is the story of how Jackie Prete healed herself from a traumatic accident and how you can too.
She found herself in excruciating pain and motionless in a hospital bed after being run over on her bike. The prospect was dire.
Her shattered leg may leave her unable to walk, teach yoga, being potentially deformed for life and/ or permanently on crutches. Not a sunny outlook for anyone but especially dire for someone whose livelihood depends on teaching yoga and movement.
A four hour surgery put her body back together. Her resilience and strong belief that she will heal carried her through mentally and emotionally.
Simple and down to earth practices from Yoga and Ayurveda, diet & lifestyle practices were integral to her healing as well.
Today Jackie travels worldwide again to share the power of yoga asana, diet and lifestyle practices.
What you get from tuning in:
- 5 simple strategies to work with the body and mind after an accident
- How to use yogic practices to heal more quickly from a severe accident
- The role of chanting & mantra in the healing process (if you don’t know what that is you definitely want to find out about it in this podcast)
- The big lesson of receiving
- What Jackie most needed from helpers during recovery (which you might need too)
- The countless blessings of a traumatic accident
- The power of community
Jackie’s gifts for you:
- 10 min meditation video at www.jackieprete.com
- A discount for online yoga asana practices: yogavibes.com. Discount Code: jackieprete
- This is a particularly relevant class on yoga vibes: The gift of embodiment
Powerful practices for recovery
- Mantra meditation: Om Namah Shivaya
- Breathing practices
- A stellar support team in the form of friends, doctors, coaches and healers
Jackie Prete is a certified anusara yoga instructor, licensed massage therapist, and cofounder of the Anusara school of hatha yoga. She is also yoga health coach guiding students into healthy diet and lifestyle routines.
It has been her greatest dream to live and work around a conscious community. Her choices made that happen.
Jackie leads immersions and yoga teacher trainings all over the world. She shares her wisdom from her seat as a wise woman. www.jackieprete.com