In the US, 1 in 5 women of childbearing age do not have children. That is a significant 20%.
Given the historic role as women as mothers and the fact that a woman’s body is designed to create life, it is still tough for many women to swallow being childless.
Grief takes over.Emotions may go wild. Attending blessing ways becomes an agony.
Kathleen Woods and I talk about what it means to be a childless woman, how to deal with our emotions, and arrive at plan B.
What you get from tuning in:
- Understanding and compassion for being a childless woman
- how to let go of plan A and live plan B
- How to navigate emotions that commonly arise when being childless
- What to do with invitations to friend’s blessing ways
- How to view the thought “If I don’t have children, I am not a real woman”
- Ancestral DNA, karma and the shame of being a childless woman
- 52 nudges to arrive and live plan B
- A woman’s body is designed to create life
- Children are a gift of God
- F*&% the Shoulds
- Nurture yourself, love yourself, be gentle with yourself.
Kathleen Guthrie Woods is a full-time freelance writer and editor. Late in 2017, following some challenges in her business and a long period of making peace with being childless-by-circumstance, she found herself struggling with how to figure out her next chapter in life.
She created her own program “52Nudges” to experiment, play, and discern what is fulfilling and fun for her. To hold herself accountable, she shared her weekly “Ah-Hahs” online, and now other women are joining her in nudging themselves out of complacency and into new adventures. Find the “52Nudges” blog www.Kathleen-Ink.com.